This photo was done by Ernest James Bellocq 1873 - 1949.
Bellocq used out of work actresses or even prostitutes for his photography. Compared to his industrial commercial work, little is known about Bellocq’s personal life and where this type of photograph came from. On a number of the negatives there were always faces scratched out, why was this done? we will never know.
I prefer the look of this photograph compared to the Greek myth photo. It has more of a film like feel and almost comes alive to me.
For my photography i want it to look like in telling a story almost like film stills … I could take my video idea and turn them into stills.
- pickyourheadup reblogged this from nicolemason-rawle
- butterbeansfromneworleans likes this
- cutuca reblogged this from nicolemason-rawle
- dazor likes this
- thierryrichardsonne reblogged this from nicolemason-rawle and added:
- nicolemason-rawle posted this